Friday 27 December 2013

Daily Makeup Routine

Well Lovely people here I am again, I survived my first post so I thought I would crack on with the second one! I said in my first post I was going to do a post all about Mac makeup. Well I slightly changed my mind, this is going to be a post all about what makeup I like wearing everyday...with a few Mac extras thrown in, Hope you like it!

So this is me first thing in the morning, not a pretty sight eeeeeeeep!



Lets get applying the makeup!


First of all I start off with my Mac Prep and Prime Moisture Infusion Serum, I use this as a primer because I have fairly dry skin and it needs something to make sure that the foundation does just sink in. I have to say for the price of this serum I am not exactly overly impressed. It feels lovely and cooling on the skin, but sometimes seems to make the foundation go streaky ahhhhhhhh nobody wants a streaky face! 



I then move on to my Mac Pro Longwear Concealer in shade NC15, its slightly too dark for my skin tone but it works once the foundation is applied on top. I mainly use this under my eyes, as you can imagine I get fairly dark circles under my eyes from having a gorgeous but tiring little monkey and this stuff hides those dark eyes perfectly! I apply with a concealer brush and bish bash bosh theyre gone!



Now for the product I could rave about all day long (one of many actually) My Mac Studio Fix Fluid in shade NW10, this is the best foundation I have ever tried and believe me I've tried lots! It feels so soothing to the skin and doesn't feel thick even if you like a fairly full coverage (like I do!) it never feels heavy, you don't notice its there! Not to mention its the perfect colour for my skin, I tend to find most foundations come out orange, not this one! I apply it with a Real Techniques Foundation Brush which is also fab.


I'm loving a Nude eye at the moment so I am currently using Mac Mineralize Eye Shadow in shade Exquisite Ego, It has a gorgeous sheen to it perfect for day time. Its not that pigmented though so I think you'd need a different one for an evening Smokey eye, but for me its perfect!




Then I go on to my mascara which isn't Mac (dun dun dun) But I am currently in love with Maybelline Rocket Volum' Mascara, it makes your eyelashes so full without having to layer it up, it is difficult to remove but I find pampers baby wipes work a treat (Thankyou Evie mwaaahh xx) 



I'm not a big fan of bronzers at the moment so I tend to finish my look off with a touch of Mac Mineralize Blush in shade Dainty. Its a fairly subtle pink but with a gorgeous sheen perfect to give you a bit of that winter glow and inject a little touch of colour into a nude based makeup routine! Its my favourite blush ever, and that's applied with a body shop blush brush.

 

So that's me ready for the day!


Now here's the bit I wish wish wish I had the courage to wear, my Mac Lipstick in Ruby Woo! The colour is just gorgeous but I am not that confident in a red lip at the moment, although winter is the perfect time for one! What do you guys think? Should I be brave and wear the Ruby woo?!






I hope I haven't bored you too much and that somebody may think ooooooh I must try that product!

Thanks for bearing with me and i'll see you soon for 'Its Christmaaasss'

Love and kisses xxx

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. MACs studio fix foundation is my ultimate favourite! 😊🌸

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh me too im loving it, so nice one the skin and great colour match! Devine! Sc x

      Delete