Sunday 29 December 2013

Essie 2013 Winter Collection

Hi there beautiful people! Welcome back to my blog, to start off with I just want to say a massive thank you to those of you that have viewed and continue to view my blog since I started writing a few weeks ago, I've just gone over 1000 views which for me is huge so a big thanks. Yayyy!
 
Right now down to business ha, I recently bought a whole load of new nail varnishes, my partner said he would pay for me to have my nails done, I thought hey, I love doing all things beauty why don't I use the money to buy myself some cute nail varnish instead so that's what I did!
 
I've been loving the look of Essie varnish for a while now, I've seen so many pictures of it on Instagram and it always looks so pigmented and has a gorgeous shine! I was SO pleased when my local boots store finally started stocking them that I decided to see what all the fuss was really about. I couldn't pick just one colour so instead I went for the 'Essie 2013 Winter Collection' a collection of gorgeous wintery colours (mainly red based) that are just fab!

 
I can tell you its absolutely gorgeous! Although if I am totally honest I haven't tried one of the shades, 'Perfect Parka' which is a grey/khaki type colour but it looks really nice and I'll be using it next time!
 
I went for a base of my Blanc Essie that I've had a while to begin with, just because I knew id be using a dark colour and don't want my nails to be stained eeeep. I then used a coat of 'Shearling Darling' now, I wont lie, its actually not the best coverage in the world, I think you need 2 coats to get the perfect colour, but it is a gorgeous colour and with the 2 coats it would be lovely! The Essie brushes are to die for, so smooth and easy to use, only thing I would say with these little pots...the brush only just fits in and out, so be careful!
 
I then applied a coat of 'Toggle To The Top' onto my thumb and ring finger nails, I like this look for some reason! Toggle to the top is again a gorgeous deep red, but is so so glittery, and I am glitters number one fan so for me this is a winner!
 
 
 
So all in all I am loving these nail varnishes, for the perfect look id say you definitely need 2 coats of each colour you choose to use, but only one coat of any glittery shades! Its easy to apply, seems to be fairly well lasting, and this little trio isn't a bad price at £12.99 for the three!
 
What's your must have winter nail varnish? Let me know!
 
Love and Kisses, Sc xxx


5 comments:

  1. I love those shades. I think plums are very in right now, but for me I am in love with cobalt blue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I've seen so many of that sort of colour and it's gorgeous I'm just not quite brave enough eeeeep!

      Delete
  2. I love those colours. Essie always comes up with some unique shades

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're beautiful aren't they I am totally loving them!

      Delete
  3. Essie always seem to come out with the most beautiful Autumn and Winter colours. x

    ReplyDelete