Saturday 25 January 2014

Barry M Matte Nail Varnish Review


Hey dolls! How are we all? It's mighty windy today isn't it?! Well it is here! We have a rather rough night with little Evie last night, she's suffering awfully with teething and we got no sleep, so I decided to treat myself to a new nail polish today to make myself feel a bit human! 

I decided to go for one of the Barry Matte polishes, I've not used a matte polish before so I thought I'd give it a shot! 


I decided to go for it in this mocha colour as I think it goes with everything which is perfect! I think the packaging is super handy, having the matte finish lid it'll make it super easy to spot in amongst all my normal varnishes, perfect! 

When applying it goes on exactly as a normal polish would, its got a large brush for ease, it's nice and pigmented but I'd still recommend 2 coats. It goes on as a sheer varnish (which confused me ha!) but it then goes matte as it dries, pretty cool! 


Now at first impressions I loved it! I loved the matte look and thought it'd probably wear better and not chip so easily. So for only £3.99 I was won over! HOWEVER after just a few hours.....


It was super chipped :( not good and a very sad mummy! Being a mummy I need a varnish that lasts as don't have time to re-paint them every day! So after being so impressed at the beginning I'm now pretty sad that it was such a let down. 

All in all if you have time and patience to re-paint a LOT then this is lovely if you don't then I really wouldn't pick this as it will be needed! 

Can anyone recommend a fab nail polish that's easy to apply with staying power too?! What's your fave nail product?! 

Love and hugs Sc xxxxx








5 comments:

  1. oh dear! they did look so pretty! Could you add a shellac sealant or something?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not tried that as don't have a uv light but tempted now hehe! X

      Delete
  2. I'm wearing this right now - day three chip free. Maybe a base coat and a home manicure to take care of cuticles etc would give any polish more staying power :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It did have a base coat and a top coat :/ still this happened so no idea what I did wrong! I'd love to have time to give myself a manicure but with a little one time just doesn't allow at the moment :(

      Delete