Tuesday 14 January 2014

Sleek contour palette review!

Hey guys! So if you read my post from yesterday you will see that I recently purchased the sleek contouring palette from superdrug for £6.50. 

When this arrived I loved it instantly I love the sleekness (excuse the pun) of the packaging it's just so stylish considering it's so cheap! And it comes with a mirror in the palette too, perfect! 



Now I'm new to contouring so wanted something easy to use! I've heard that contouring makes a real difference to the overall look of the face so here goes! 

Me this morning pre any sort of makeup ahhh what a scary sight!! 


Okay so this is me with my normal makeup on how I would usually look. 


then opened my contouring palette and got stuck in! I used my real techniques expert face brush and crease brush. First I applied the contour to the natural shadow formed beneath the cheek bone, only subtlety you only need a tiny but as it's very pigmented! I then blended this up my cheekbone and near my ear. I then added some to my forehead and nose and I have a BIG forehead and nose ha! 

I then got stuck into my highlighter. Again using my real techniques brushes, applying to my nose, cupids bow, chin and upper cheek bone...all the places the light would normally catch! 

So this is me after!


Now it's not fab in pictures but I think it made lots of difference and I loved the look it gave my face! It is so smooth and silky on the skin, it's a joy to wear the only thing is you really need to blend blend blend...else your cheeks just look muddy! 

Overall I'd say it's a fab little buy and I'm going to be using it a lot now I think :) 

Just incase you wanted to know this is all the products that I used today!



What's your fave way to contour gals? 

Thanks for reading, love and hugs SC xx


21 comments:

  1. I just got the Sleek eyebrow it and loved it. This may well be my next Sleek purchase!
    Alex x
    http://fangirlsandfoundations.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've not tried the eyebrow kit but may have to! X

      Delete
  2. It looks like some drugstore products are as good as big brands without a hefty price tag.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some are yes! Some are awful, I'm a mac girl at heart but want to broaden my collection x

      Delete
  3. I have got the contouring palette and just haven't had a chance to try it out yet. I shall give it a go soon after reading this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been looking for a good contour palette the one I've got just isn't right. I think I'll try this one next.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is very good! :) I love it and easy to use! X

      Delete
  5. Gosh, how do you find the time....?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sort everything for the morning the night before, evie wakes at 7.30....I get up at 7 and get ready :)

      Delete
  6. dont laugh but i didnt even know what contouring is till i read your post i got into finding a lovely eye pallet from bobbie brown 2 yrs ago but thats as far as i go mascara (love the dior one!) and BB eye palette i do hope one day i can get some more beauty tips! for now i am just gonna rock the heavy pregnant lady look lol xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't either until a few weeks ago! Now I love it! I must say when pregnant I didn't bother at all! I may have to try that mascara!! :) xx

      Delete
  7. I just wouldn't have time. My make up takes literally 3 minutes to do tops, any longer and there would be chaos and destruction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww takes me about 20 mins but I get up before Evie wakes :) x

      Delete
  8. I have to say I'm a tinted moisturiser slap it on and run kind of girl, I never have time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to be too but it's nice that I now have the time :) x

      Delete
  9. i never have the time to contour but i cant seem t find a decent pallette that does the face for me anyhow thanks for sharing x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so jealous of everyone who has this - I need it, but my local Superdrug don't stock Sleek anymore :'(

    Louise x

    Confessions of a Secret Shopper

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww order it online or eBay it's deffo a must if you're into contouring x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am rubbish at make-up.....but am going to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow you look great, and a great introduction to contouring! x

    ReplyDelete