Friday 21 February 2014

Clinique Repairwear Foundation Review!

Hey dolls! Sorry I've been useless at posting lately, my little princess is teething and suffering awfully with it so I've been giving her so many snuggles, leaving no time for blogging. 

Sooo, on Monday the unthinkable happened, my MAC studiofix fluid unexpectedly ran out! :O I'm not one to have 15 foundations lying around so this left me with nothing! 



I couldn't wait until I'd ordered a new MAC one and wait for it to be delivered so I thought I'd head into town and trying something new!! 

I headed to the Clinique counter in my local drug store, I've always loved Clinique products but never tried a foundation so this was my opportunity! 

It was all a bit of a rushed in enjoyable experience, the lady rushed me through what I wanted, then rushed to match my skin tone to a foundation...was quite disappointed! But hey....she picked out the Repairwear foundation in shade 03, she said it looked lovely so off I trot thinking I looked nice! 



The packing is nice and does look slightly luxurious, not overly, but you can tell it's a high end foundation. It's a dream to apply and lasts ages! It's got a REALLY full coverage (which is NOT) what I asked for, as wanted to lighten my foundation up a bit! But if that's what your after then it's fab!!

Now...the downside....when I applied it the next day, I was A SATSUMA!! I old you not it was the most orange I have ever looked, and with an expensive foundation that was supposedly matched for me....I was really quite annoyed! 

My sister told me to take it back so .... I did! It was a different lady and I told her what had happened. She was lovely about it, full of apologise, gave me a full refund, and lots of free samples of different foundations that actually match my skin and the type I asked for! :) 

Now I'm thinking I'm going to buy the Clinique CC cream, in shade 01 very light (yes 2 whole shades lighter!) as it's light, comfy and a dream to wear as it lets your skin breath :) 


Moral of the story....never just believe what the people tell you, always look at your face in daylight....and if you're unhappy...return it! 

I'll be back soon with a full review of the CC cream when bought :)

Love and hugs girls! Xx


5 comments:

  1. Foundations are so hard to get right aren't they? I use MAC too and would never stray unless it was L'Oreal True Match. I'm glad you returned the Clinique foundation and got a refund :)

    Fiona @ www.dollydowsie.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the test of a good product isn't just the product itself, but the service that comes with it and it sounds like yours was really good x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what a nightmare! Lol I'm awful with foundation I need to pop into a department store and get matched up when I get chance. Glad you got sorted in the end the second lady sounds lovely it's a good job some people know how to fix bad customer service!

    ReplyDelete
  4. glad she refunded you i am yet to even try something like that i would love to have a full make up advice the furthers i went was on a Bobbie Brown counter to have my eyes done and since then i do my eyes but i havent tried liquid foundation yet i am worried i would look plastered on if you know what i mean!

    ReplyDelete