Friday 7 February 2014

Mummy Post: iCandy Peach 2 review!

Hey dolls! So today I've decided to write a mummy post...my princess is my world and therefore it's time her and her bits and bobs started making more of a feature on my blog as well as beauty :)

Today I'm going to share with you our experience with one of the most essential baby purchases and that is our pram!

Now every expectant mother LOVES picking out her pram...and I was no different! I looked at loads but had to go with the one I'd been lusting after forever which was the iconic iCandy Peach 2 in silver mint! 

I was so taken by it's super high shine frame and it's tough yet comfy fabrics! I loved the Silvermint colour as it is super unisex so perfect for any bub! 

Now after 7 months of use...I realise that the frame is definitely more pretty than practical! It scratches SO easily it's slightly ridiculous, if you're taking it in and out of a car it's pretty much a given that you'll gain a scratch each and every time! No matter how careful you are! I still love the silver mint colour but again being fairly light it's not overly practical when little ones start eating! 

Fave features!!
I love the fact that the main seat unit still parent faces...no way would I have been ready to have Evie facing away from me at 4 months when she went into the seat! 

It has 3 different seat positions...from laid right down to say right up which is perfect for awake or sleeping bubs! 


The fold...it has to be the EASIEST pram to fold ever, it literally takes seconds! What's not so good is the fact the seat unit has to come off to fold you need a big boot! We have a mondeo and it fills the boot (I kid you not!) 

Also the pram has a HUGE shopping basket...with carrycot on it's a bit useless as the carrycot is mega low and you can't really get to it...but with car seat or seat unit it's a dream! 


I love the fact you can place the car seat right onto the pram, all you have to do is pop the seat adaptors in (bought separately) and away you go! This has been perfect when Evie's asleep and I just need to pop into somewhere quickly! 

Not so fave features! 

The luxury peach footmuff! Yes it's gorgeous and super comfy but it's SO small it barely covers little ones legs...deffo think for the price it ought to come up a lot higher to keep bubs warm and snuggly! 

The carrycot; yes it may be essential but it's such a lot of money and is very narrow and short and a bit of a faff! As I said in carrycot mode the shopping basket is obsolete, it's not particularly comfy as doesn't leave much wriggle room, we barely used ours! 

The wheels aren't fab on anything other than smooth ground, the go a bit crazy and spin everywhere! But around town it's a dream to push!! Which is a shame as I'd love to take Evie on country walks but she just wouldn't be comfy! 

And last but by no means least THAT HOOD! It's sooo noisy to put up and down that if bubs is asleep you daren't touch it as one click and bam awake baby! 

All in all I still LOVE our peach but now that we've used it for a while I've deffo come to realise it's not the most practical pram for us! It's without a doubt the most aesthetically pleasing pram I think I've seen but unfortunately the practicality of it is just not as good as I had hoped! Being a first time mum I've deffo learnt the hard way to not just go for what LOOKS the best and instead to go for what would be the most practical!

What prams do you have? Were you considering the icandy peach? What would you recommend to me?! 








5 comments:

  1. It has been forever since I had a pram but I had a massive mamma and pappas one, wasn't practical but I loved it!

    Charli | Secrets Behind The Closet Door

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really refreshing to read a not so glowing review of an iCandy :) I don't need a new pram, but have lusted after the peach for ages, and thought maybe for #2, but this has put me off as we are all on country roads so would be too bumpy. My husband will be thrilled!
    Sarah
    http://naturalmommainme.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't get me wrong it's a gorgeous pram and does have some fab features I'm just not sure it's all it's cracked up to be! Had a gone for the Peach Jogger instead (not quite so pretty) I think I would have been much happier! But the carrycot and hood would still bug me haha!! I'm currently looking to change our peach 2 for a stokke crusi!

      Delete
  3. I actually looked at getting one of these for Oscar, but now I'm kind of glad that I didn't. I already have enough stress through prams without adding to it ;)

    Louise x

    Confessions of a Secret Shopper | An Undomestic Goddess

    ReplyDelete