Wednesday 3 September 2014

Making time for mummy and daddy!

As first time parents, I think you always struggle to let go and let someone else watch your little ones whilst you go and have some mummy and daddy time, whether this be a trip to the cinema, out for a meal and drinks, or even just a trip to McDonalds ha!


But why is this? Well me personally there are a few reasons that I struggle with the idea of leaving Evie with her nanny or auntie of an evening and venturing out with John. 

Reason 1: Evie is my little girl, I made the choice to bring her into the world and I feel that I should be the one to always be there for her when possible, I don't HAVE to go out of an evening, so I don't tend to.

Reason 2: I hate to feel like a burden, I don't want to ruin other peoples plans or make them bored etc sitting with Evie whilst she's asleep.

Reason 3: What if she got poorly? And neither mummy or daddy were there, no instant mummy and daddy comfort, it makes me dad that she could be poorly and sad that we aren't there for her.

Those are the main reasons that me and john have been out twice for a meal since Evie was born, the last time being valentines day! 



Is it just us that really struggles with how to feel more comfortable whilst put having time together? Does anyone have any tips on how to make it a little easier?

Thanks for reading

Sazz xx

No comments:

Post a Comment