Sunday 7 September 2014

Quick hairstyles for busy mummy's!

As many of you mummy's will know having the time to do your hair and makeup in the mornings is not always going to happen, if little one wakes up earlier in the morning than they normally would or if you yourself fancy a slight lie in if they are having one its a really good fall back to have some really quick, easy go to hairstyles that can be worn for any eventuality.
 
Myself, I am pretty lazy when it comes to my hair and I would much rather spend the time doing my makeup, so I use one of these quick and easy styles most days!
 
The 4 that I use regularly are;
 
The all up high messy bun
 
This is the one that I admit that I use the most and it is by far the quickest and easiest style that there is for the days when mummy just doesn't have the spare time to even think about hair! You literally grab your hair, twist it all up and bingo, you have a bun, then simply pull on the front of the hair a little, its now a messy bun, done!
 
 
The Half up half down messy pony
 
I would say that this is my new second most used hairstyle. sometimes even though you don't have the time do your hair and take ages on it you still don't want to wear it all up, its nice to have it down sometimes! Therefore this is the best, its quick an easy, its meant to look quite messy but styled so even if you haven't got time to straighten or curl the bits that are left down, its ok, because its meant to be a bit crazy! Again you simply grab half of you hair, secure it with a bobble, pull the front of the hair so its loose and voila done! Again takes literally 2 minutes if that!
 
 
The side pony with a twist
 
This one I go through phases of using. again its really quick. It looks styled and keeps your hair out of the way which, even if you aren't a mummy, sometimes you just don't want your hair all up in your grill (don't know what happened there!) With this style you just pull your hair into a low side pony, pull the bobble low down into the pony and separate the hair into 2. you the flip the pony up and through the 2 sections and you're done! The only downside to this one is that it can be a little irritating on the neck, but it definitely looks pretty!
 
 
The Fishtail Braid
 
And finally we have the fishtail braid. Now this does take a little longer and isn't as easy if you have shorter or heavily layered hair, for those hair types I would stick to the previous 3 styles. This style looks effortless but requires the most effort and practice of them all to master. But it looks super pretty, especially if you add a flower or something to it, its very summery too, perfect for relaxing on holiday! and even though it takes the longest out of these 4 styles, it still only takes 5 minutes max!
 
 
All of these hairstyles are really quick and honestly pretty much effort free, even though they look like some effort has been required! So whether its a 'running late' hairstyle or a 'bad hair day' hairstyle, most people will be able to do one of these in minutes, and look lovely!
 
As I stated in my previous post I was thinking about YouTube, well I have now decided I am going to go for it and give it a go, I am currently awaiting my editing software and then ill be up and running, so I may show you how I do these styles! 
 
Do you have any go to hair styles that you always opt for when you have no time or are having a bad hair day? id love to see some!
 
See you soon lovelies
 
Sazz xx

7 comments:

  1. I'd love a tutorial in fishtails I just can't get them right

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll do that then as soon as I have my software! :)

      Delete
  2. I put my hair in a high ponytail when I am having a bad hair day. Also I find Baptise dry shampoo is a ladies best friend ;). Love the styles above.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love dry shampoo to it's a god send if you don't have time to wash hair every day!

      Delete
  3. Alice band here...I can even get away without brushing too ; )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good idea! I don't have any Alice bands must invest in some!

      Delete
  4. I can be spotted with a messy bun very often, something I'm trying to get out of as it never looks as effortlessly gorgeous as the one above and opting for a high ponytail to mix it up a bit x

    ReplyDelete